Visa & Immigration Information


Here’s some information to get you started as you consider the exciting opportunities about studying in Australia

To study with us you must have a valid Australian visa. Student visas are temporary visas that allow people to come to Australia for a specified period of time to study at an approved Australian Educational Institution.

The Department of Home Affairs provides comprehensive information about the different categories of student visas and the process to apply for a visa. All visa applications are lodged and assessed by them.

How to apply

In general, you will need the below to apply for your student visa:

  • A valid passport, which will remain valid for the duration of your studies in Australia
  • A Confirmation of Enrolment document, also known as an eCOE (electronic Confirmation of Enrolment). We will send you this after you have accepted your offer to study with us and paid the required fees
  • Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
  • Funds to pay the fees and charges for your visa to the Australian DIBP
  • Medical checks or any other information that immigration request as part of your application.

You must ensure to allow enough time for processing between lodging your application and the start of your training program, as it can be a lengthy process depending on your country of origin.

 You may apply for a visa with the assistance of a migration agent, but note that you do not need to use a migration agent to lodge any kind of visa application.


Cost of a visa

Visa fees and charges must be paid when you lodge your application with the Department of Home Affairs. These charges are non-refundable.

Estimate the cost of your visa


Visa conditions

If you are granted a visa, you must abide by its conditions as failure to comply could result in the cancellation of your visa. You should ensure you are familiar with the visa conditions for student visa holders. Some key conditions are:

  • Complete your course within the duration specified in the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress and attendance
  • Maintain approved Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) while in Australia
  • Remain with the principal education provider (Linx Institute) for 6 calendar months, unless issued a letter of release from the provider to attend another institution
  • Notify Linx Institute of your Australian address and any subsequent changes of address within 7 days
  • Be aware that once your student visa is issued, any change to your CoE start date, your completion date, change of course or change of institution will be reported to the Department of Home Affairs, which could impact your student visa
  • Comply with work restrictions while you are studying.

Working while you study

Most student visa holders can work in Australia up to 40 hours per fortnight during the study period and unlimited hours during a formal study break or holiday period.

For more information on Work conditions for student visa holders click here.

Studying in Australia

studyingInAU_560x560Learn more here

ACPET logo
AQF logo