CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care
Childcare certificate III course information
Demand for qualified early childhood educators and careers continues to grow here in Australia and globally. The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education is your entry into a career working as an educator and carer. If you want to get started working as an educator in a childcare centre or family day care centre this is the choice for you. You may also be able to work as an in-home educator and carer.
This course is the launch pad for your career as an educator. Keep in mind you may be able to start working as an educator and carer while you are studying and working towards completing your qualification. Take the first step and speak with one of our friendly and professional course advisors – Call us – 1300 659 772 .
What will I learn in this course?
Study areas include:
- Children’s health and safety
- Child development
- Caring for babies
- Working with parents and families in the active care for children
You will learn how to:
- Interact effectively with children
- Support and stimulate a child’s play and learning
- Identify and respond to children who may be exposed to levels of risk and harm
Study pathways and recognition of prior learning
If you complete the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care you may be eligible to continue into the Diploma with Linx Institute and receive credit transfer for the units you have already completed. This means you will have already completed almost half of your Diploma, saving you time and money when you continue your studies.
Do you have previous experience in the childcare industry?
Linx Institute offers a range of options for students who have significant and verified experience in childcare, including formal study in Australia, formal study in another country, on the job training, unaccredited courses and workshops, experience in the industry, completing the skills on a voluntary capacity or life experiences.
All students studying with Linx Institute will be asked to attend a mandatory introductory session with their trainer, which can be completed over the phone, via video-conferencing or in person. It is important to complete this process in order to enjoy a smooth introduction to your studies. The induction will cover:
- A little bit about Linx Institute and the benefits of studying with us
- Canvas 101 (our online learning platform)
- Resources and learning materials
- Access to your trainer
- The level of support you can expect from your trainer and Linx Institute.
* Minimum age requirements may apply to employment roles in this industry.
** Special circumstances may be considered
Quick Course Information
- Parramatta campus
- Fee for service
- Interest free payment plan
- State subsidised training
(* eligibility requirements apply)
- There are no stated entry requirements
- We require students have computer literacy and literacy skills
- 15 Core Units
- 3 Elective Units
- Total number of units = 18
Domestic students – 6 months
International students – 12 months
Early Childhood Educator
Family Day Care Educator
In-home Care Educator